CSXC-1 Aquarium / Hydroponic Chiller
Chill Solutions CSXC-1 Features:
- Powerful - Recommended for tanks up to 30 gallons
- Smart - Intelligent fan speed control eliminates unnecessary noise
- Thermoelectric Technology - Directly converts electrical power into cooling power
- Quiet - No pumps or mechanical compressors
- Reliable - Only one moving part!
- Easy Install - No drilling necessary
- Fully Proportional Temperature Control - Control circuit uses high-efficiency PWM (pulse width modulation) technology to maintain your set temperature
- Environmentally Friendly - No refrigerants or ozone depleting chemicals
- Quality Construction - Fasteners are 18-8 stainless steel and the unit is made in the USA
Powerheads, pumps, UV sterilizers and high-intensity lighting all add undesirable heat into the aquarium. The CSXC-1 chiller is perfect for nano tanks, hydroponics setups, and aquariums up to 30 gallons (or more, depending on heat input). The same thermoelectric technology used in this device is used by NASA to generate electricity and maintain equipment temperature in space!
|Gallons of Water||°F Pulldown|
This high-tech nano chiller will keep your water temperature stable despite daily fluctuations in ambient room temperature. At Chill Solutions we have specifically designed the CSXC-1 to be used in a wide variety of cooling applications. The built-in thermostat can be set anywhere from 45F to 90F, making it perfect for nano reef tanks, pico tanks, cold water aquariums, reef or fish only aquariums, temperate tanks, freshwater tanks, various hydroponics setups, beer chillers, wort chillers, other homebrew / microbrew setups, as well as in laboratory and research applications. An external circulation pump (50 - 300 gph) is required unless you already have a canister filter or other circulation loop in place.
- High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) Base - Chemically inert and practically indestructible... This is the same plastic used to make construction hard-hats
- Ceramic Thermoelectric Element
- Internal Temperature Sensor - No external temperature probe wires, the CSXC-1 senses the temperature of the water flowing through
- Silicone Sealing O-ring - High quality silicone allows use in setups with ozonizers and UV sterilizers
Nano Chiller Dimensions: 4" Wide x 5.25" Deep x 4" Tall
Recommended Flow Rate: Between 40 and 250 GPH - This is not an absolute requirement. The chiller will work with flow rates outside this range, these are just recommended values.
Notice for Aerated Hydroponic Use - If there is a large amount of warm air being injected into a given hydro setup, the temperature pulldown may be less than what is listed in the chart above. This is because the injected air is heating the water via conductive heat transfer and this heat input will lessen the ultimate achievable temperature pulldown.
Included in the box:
- CSXC-1 Chiller
- 12v 10A Power Supply / Plug
- 1/2" Barb Fittings (Already installed on the unit)
- (2) Plastic Snap-Grip Hose Clamps
The power supply can accept worldwide voltages from 100-240v. It comes with a standard 3-prong US power cord. If you want to use it in any other location only an inexpensive plug converter is needed, NOT a voltage converter. Contact us if you have any questions.
In an effort to be more environmentally friendly we do not print or ship an instruction manual with the chiller. A link to download the manual can be found below, and we are always available to answer any questions you may have.
Chill Solutions CSXC-1 --- Your tank. Just cooler.